I havent written such a post for some time.
I start to wonder if its me or my team mates. Do i not make sense or they choose not to listen? I don't know. Something is wrong somewhere and i can't understand what it is.
I have 2 other team mates, one in UK and the other in US. L is the team lead of the project in UK and D in US..
Recently, i was on 2 occasions, explicitly asked to think twice by L before i sent anything to the stakeholders. The stakeholder advocate communication. Keep all informed of progress. And i did that.
In today's incident, i was told to please think before i send an incomplete work done to the stakeholders before the designated time. I see it as a near completed task. With a but. I'm just informing that a work is done but i found errors and is pending for them to fix the one error i found. And i was told to think.
Irritated, pissed yet puzzled.
What is team work?
2 comments:
Team work = a team working together to achieve a common goal.
Unfortunately in many situations, team members may not be team players, so instead of working together, there are cases where ppl work against just so they can protect themselves, but forget about the bigger picture.
The only thing you can do is to do your own area well.
Team work is when every single team member consistently remind each other to over-achieve his/her targets to reach the team goal. Haha... that is what I learn from a recent passion team building event.
I guess there is certain way in which we communicate to others, especially the stakeholder. More than often, stakeholder only concern about their return. They may ask for progress status and ppl under them only paint the nice picture during reporting (to protect themselves). Office political.
For things to change, you must change first.
Post a Comment